Xbox is a gaming console brand that belongs to the Microsoft Corporation, an American multinational corporation that produces various products, software, and services in the field of computers and consumer electronics. The name ‘Microsoft Corporation’ is not unknown to anyone. It enjoys a reputation and trust like no other business firm.
Therefore, Xbox has also become a reputable video gaming brand. This brand comprises five video game consoles, an online service called ‘Xbox Network’, streaming services, and applications, i.e., games. The first Xbox launched by Microsoft is known as the ‘Original Xbox Console’. It was launched in the year 2001. Newer versions of the Xbox video gaming console are introduced from time to time.
The latest models or versions of Xbox are the ‘Xbox Series X’ and the ‘Xbox Series S’. They belong to the fourth generation of the Xbox video gaming console family. ‘Xbox One’ belongs to the third generation of the Xbox video game console family.
In this blog post, we will talk about ‘how to gameshare on Xbox one’. Whether you are a passionate gamer or not, you must have heard of the gamesharing feature. This feature is available in various home video game consoles, such as Xbox and Sony PlayStation. If you want to use the gamesharing feature on Xbox One, the steps mentioned in this blog post will definitely help you.
What is a Gamesharing Feature? What is its Use?
Before understanding the process of ‘how to gameshare on Xbox one’, let’s learn more about the gamesharing feature. It is indeed one of the best features introduced by video gaming consoles. As the name suggests, this feature enables a player to share the library of your games with some other player. Of course, players don’t share their library of games with any random player. They share it with their family members and friends.
Basically, with the help of the gameshare feature, you can give someone else an access to your library of games. You can also access the library of that other person. The library of games is linked with the Xbox account of players. Both the players should have their own Xbox One gaming consoles and accounts.
It’s worth mentioning here that the gamesharing feature allows you and the other player to share not only each other’s game libraries but also each other’s Xbox Live Gold Memberships, including Game Pass. The biggest benefit of using this feature is to play more games than you own.
How to Gameshare on Xbox One: Method and Steps
Following is the process that you need to carry out to use the gamesharing feature on your Xbox One video gaming console. We have described the steps in simple words so that you don’t face any difficulty. We are sure that you will find out how to gameshare on Xbox One after reading these steps.
- Turn on your Xbox One and login into your Xbox Live account.
- Select the icon at the top left corner of the home screen. Navigate to the user account menu on the left side. Click on the ‘Add New’ button.
- Type in the information about the Xbox Live account of the other player with the help of the controller. The details that you need to put in are email address and password. Now, press ‘A’ on the controller of your video gaming console.
- Read the privacy statement and select the ‘Next’ option. Press ‘A’ on the controller and follow the instructions shown on the next screen to set the preferences for the account of the other player.
- Press the Xbox button and select ‘Settings’ on the right side of the menu. Press ‘A’ on the controller.
- Select ‘Personalize’ and then select ‘My Home Xbox’. Press ‘A’ and then select ‘Make this my home Xbox’. Now, again press ‘A’.
- In the menu of ‘Make this my home Xbox’, you need to register the system as your default device.
- Now, in order to let the other player access the games in your library, you need to repeat the above steps on their Xbox One gaming console.
- You need to type in the details of your Xbox Live account on the device of the other player and make their gaming console as your home Xbox.
Along with understanding how to gameshare on Xbox One, you should also know some important points related to the gamesharing feature. You can share the access to your library of games only with one person. Thus, the gamesharing feature cannot be used amongst more than two players at a time.
As you might have realized by now, the gamesharing feature is limited to the digital copies of games only. You cannot share physical copies of games with other players. You should use the gamesharing feature only with your trusted family members and friends.
While the gamesharing feature on the Xbox One video gaming console is highly useful and interesting, you should use it wisely to ensure the safety of your information.