GTA V is the latest edition of the GTA series, and it’s also one of the most popular PC games in history, with over five million copies sold. If you play GTA V regularly, you may have heard of Cypress Flats, an industrial area in the southeast of Los Santos. However, if you’ve not heard of Cypress Flats GTA 5, this guide will help you out.
Here’s all you need to know about Cypress Flats in GTA V, along with their characteristics, location, and missions.
Let’s delve in.
What Are Cypress Flats GTA 5?
Cypress Flats is one of the most popular areas in GTA V and GTA Online. They are located near Popular Street, a large two-street running from the north to the south of the city. Some areas neighboring Cypress Flats are La Mesa (north), Rancho (northwest), Banning (west), El Burro Heights (east), Murrieta Heights (east), Terminal (south), and Elysian Island (south).
Some other areas around Cypress Flats are the Los Santos River, Hanger Way, Elysian Fields Freeway, and Innocence Boulevard.
Cypress Flats comprise a wide range of warehouses and industrial facilities. It also has a lot of real estates, like warehouses, available for sale in GTA Online. Cypress Flats are an important area in the game, and you’ll notice them in several missions in both GTA V and GTA Online.
Characteristics of Cypress Flats
Now, let’s look at some characteristics of Cypress Flats and how they look in the game. The area is huge and easily recognizable. You can spot four huge blocks comprising industrial buildings and warehouses. A defunct railway line divides each block, and it’s a characteristic feature of the area. The rail service is not functional, but the presence of a rail service indicates that it was once functional.
You won’t find any rail stations in the area, and the Freight Train passes through an underground tunnel. The two nearby railway stations are Elysian Island and Chum Street.
Location of Cypress Flats and How to Reach There?
Now that you know what Cypress flats are, along with some of their characteristics, let’s discuss how you can find them in the game. The area is located in East Los Santos, which on the map will be in the southeast corner. You can easily find it in the north of Terminal and the south of La Mesa.
Besides, you’ll get a location on your map showing Cypress Flats once you log into GTA Online and receive a message from the LS Car Meet. If you’re wondering how to find the LS Car Meet, follow these steps:
- Go to the Cypress Flats area, as explained above, and find a warehouse with blue graffiti on the shutter door.
- A cutscene should play out when you reach there.
- Thereafter, meet Mimi and learn about the races and other things you can do in the area.
- An icon for Cypress Flats will appear on the map.
Missions Including Cypress Flats
Cypress Flats is a popular area, and you’ll see it occurring multiple times in missions in both GTA 5 and GTA Online. Let’s look at some prominent missions where Cypress Flats Appear.
Missions in Cypress Flats GTA 5
In GTA V, Cypress Flats are seen in various missions and events, including:
- Blitz Play: This mission is the third of the series of heist missions. The game includes all three protagonists: Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips, and Franklin Clinton. The purpose of the mission is to execute IAA Securicar, and it takes place in the Dutch London Warehouse, Cypress Flats, and Dev Weston’s Mansion.
- Mr. Richards: It’s the first mission of the protagonist Michael De Santa, given by Solomon Richards. The mission takes place at Richards Majestic Productions in Backlot City. The task is to beat up Rocco Pelosi and steal a Frogger.
- Fresh Meat: In this mission, you take control of Franklin Clinton and do this mission with a fellow protagonist named Michael De Santa. The game also shows Trevor Philips in the beginning. Clinton Residence, Raven Slaughterhouse, and Michael’s Mansion are the three locations shown in the mission.
- The Third Way: This mission is the final mission in the GTA V storyline and also the game’s canon ending. To trigger this mission, you need to make Franklin choose Deathwish (Option C). During the mission, you’ll see the Grand Banks Steel Foundry, along with a prominent appearance of Cypress Flats.
Missions in Cypress Flats GTA Online
GTA Online also has a few occurrences of Cypress Flats. These include:
- Setup — Salvage Hard Drives: It is a heist setup seen in Grand Theft Auto Online. It’s a part of the Doomsday Heist update, where the crew splits up into two teams: Operators and Salvage. The event takes place in San Andreas.
- Deathmatches: Cypress Flats are seen in three deathmatches in GTA Online: Crossfire, Strong Hold, and Supply.
- Headhunter — Organizational Work: It is an organizational work mission, also known as the CEO/VIP work mission, in GTA Online. Headhunter takes place in the State of San Andreas, and it’s a part of the Further Adventures in Finance and Felony update.
Roads & Streets and Landmarks Around Cypress Flats
Cypress Flats is surrounded by several roads, streets, and landmarks. Here are some roads and streets you should know about.
- El Rancho Boulevard
- Hanger Way
- Orchardville Avenue
- Popular Street
- Innocence Boulevard
- Dry Dock Street
- Buccaneer Way
- South Shambles Street
In addition, you will find a lot of businesses, shops, factories, and warehouses around Cypress Flats. These include:
- Cypress Warehouses
- Pißwasser Factory
- Kennedy Sneaker Co.
- Nicholl’s Liquor
- Grand Banks Steel Foundry
- Olson’s Autos
- Zalinsky Supply & MFR Corp
- The Los Santos State Gas Company
Cypress Flats are an important part of Los Santos in GTA V. The area has some informative locations, and it appears in multiple missions. Cypress Flats have a significant role to play in both GTA V and GTA Online. By following this guide, you’ll be able to find Cypress Flats and get familiar with the area.
So, did you know about Cypress Flats before reading this guide?